Friday, January 2, 2009

Happy New Year








WOW! I cannot believe it is 2009. I cannot also believe that it has been 2 months since my last post. When I started this blog about a year and a half ago I remember telling Mandy I wanted to post twice a week...then I went to once a week and now look at me. While I am not making any new year's resolutions when it comes to my posting in 2009 I hope to get better at staying updated. The fall is such a busy time...hopefully we will slow down in the spring
We have had a great holiday and just thought I would share a few pics. Mamma and Coach came and visited at Thanksgiving and we had such a great time. They were here for a week and we enjoyed every minute of it. I still need to get pictures from Alice so I can post some. Mary Alice was so excited that they could both attend her classes Thanksgiving Feast! We also celebrated Jerry and Alice's 44th wedding anniversary by taking a trip to Jerry's favorite restaurant in town...The Tavern. It was extra special because we were all alone without any children!
For Christmas we traveled to Philadelphia and stayed with my brother, Kristin and Natalie. My parents came up and we had such a good time. It was so cold.....so we pretty much looked like this...everywhere we went...








While in Philly we had some awesome philly cheesesteak sandwiches, went to see the liberty bell, where our Constitution was signed, and Benjamin Franklin's grave.



















We celebrated Mary Alice's B-day. I cannot believe that she is 6! She was so excited that she was with her cousin Natalie. Natalie did not get to go on most of our outings since she was sick but we were so glad that we stayed at her house so we got a lot of playtime!

















Then we headed out for New York City. Talk about cold....it was 18 degrees on Monday before Christmas and the kids were sooooo cold. It was wonderful to see New York at Christmas. I can now cross it off my list of "things to do before I die". Mary Alice loved seeing the tree at Rockefeller Center, seeing Santa at Macy's, riding the subway, and eating out. Charlie on the other hand was not so impressed....i think he was sleeping half the time we were there.



















If you have never been to Macy's during Christmas you need to go...they do a unbelievable job! I would show you some of the 20 pictures I took but I am getting tired of writing and I know you are getting tired of reading.


Here is Charlie sleeping at Rockefeller Center, sleeping at Macy's where we saw the REAL SANTA, and at the restaurants. He also slept while we were on the Subway and while we were having our tour where the Constitution was signed...just didn't capture it on camera.























The kids also loved FAO Swartz and Museum of Natural History! It was fun...but now back to real life. I have been trying for 3 days to take down the Christmas Tree but the kids just do not want the fun to end. We made a deal and it comes down tomorrow. Mary Alice and Charlie are back at school next week and we are back to our real life! Hope you all had a wonderful holiday!
Look at Charlie's favorite Lego Character's!
































Happy New Year!

2 comments:

Vickie said...

YEAH!! finally you are back! I will keep you to the once a week.. I missed getting my weekly fix and funnies of the kids. It looks like you guys had and wonderful and cold Christmas! New York at Christmas is something I want to do too.. but hopefully it will not be 18 degrees!

Zach adn I went to see our Red Raiders play.. or try at least, I ran into Amy and her little girl Kate.. whom I have not scene in YEARS! She looked the same and had her same sweet voice... I am glad you guys did not waste the money to go.. traffic was a nightmare and parking was even worse.. but we had a great time just being out of town for the night!

SOO glad you are back and had a wonderful CHIRSTMAS!!! love, V

Kiera said...

Cute blog. I'm so glad yall had a blast on all your travels. So glad yall are back with us!