Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Snow Day, Take 2

We just had 2 days of no school due to snow! Really it snowed on Monday and so school was cancelled, then it was cold yesterday so they cancelled again, and then today we have a 2 hour delay!

Anyways, Monday I went to into work and Steve took the kids to Barbara's for a day of sledding, snow balls fights, and hot cocoa! Sorry..i have no pics.

Yesterday, Barbara's kids came to our house for a day of finger nail painting, face painting...ooops i mean applying makeup, and watching the new release of Beverly Hills Chiwawa! Now this I got pictures of!

Here is a picture of Mary Alice and Chloe showing off their nails and makeup....



And don't forget Millie!



Don't worry...eliott did not paint his nails or face..



Lately the "big kids" (Mary Alice, Chloe and Eliott) do not want to play with the "babies" (Charlie and Millie). It really hurts their feelings. They stop their feet and yell "I'M NOT A BABY". And we have to explain to the "big kids" that they are not babies anymore. So I loured Charlie and Millie to the sun room with girls scout cookies to watch a movie so the others had some time to play "without the babies messing everything up".

Charlie and Millie were happy...they each got 2 cookies, a cup of milk, and watched Jungle Book!





Bottoms up!



Are you wondering what Barbara and I did? Well we came up with a great idea..like always.
We got a new lab top in our home and I have been needing to find a space for it. I really do not want it back in a bedroom because I want to be able to watch the kids on the computer and really wanted it in my kitchen but did not know how to make that happen.

Barbara my personal designer came up with a great idea. We used two shelving units with a piece of wood on top to make a desk. I love it! Of course I would love to find something nicer later but for now this fit my budget. It only cost me 25 dollars! Take a look...







Of course I need to decorate the desk area? Any ideas? I see some picture frames in it's future, and some more baskets for the open spaces.

For those of you who know my kitchen I also moved my kitchen table....



Oh...i did buy some tie back hooks to pull back the drapes in the morning...
So that is about all for now...it was a FUN and PRODUCTIVE day!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it!!! Your desk is great! Can't figure out how why you wanted to be productive though! My thoughts were to hang out in bed all day and watch movies. Of course, we instead did school and worked on a quilt. I guess I was productive too... Oh well!

G-MA said...

Mary Alice - I love your nails. Looks like you had a great time the last couple of days.
Charlie - I bet you had on your comforable pants, right?
We love and miss you both.
G-Dad and G-MA

Kiera said...

Love the pics of the kids.. Priceless. Thanks for sharing the pics of the desk! Great job. Barb was trying to explain to me and I couldn't quite picture it, so I'm glad you did that for me! Way to use your resources!! ;)

Vickie said...

I love the pictures! Snow days are the best, too bad we do not see those very often. It has been 89 degrees here for the last 3 days, I am not ready for the summer heat yet! Snow day sounds more relaxing. The kids look like they had a ball!

mandy said...

Nothing like a good snow day! Love the desk area. Looks nice & simple. Would you want a lamp of some sort with those frames?