Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Prayers for Kavu



Please pray for Kavu. Kavu has been with us since Steve got him when we were sophomores at Texas Tech. While Kavu is not "living" with us at this time we still love him and he will always be our dog. Katy (steve's sister) and family have taken such great care of him since we moved to NC 3 years ago. Kavu is now their dog too.

Kavu had surgery yesterday to remove a tumor that was diagnosed as malignant. They also found (after surgery) another tumor in his anal glands. He is on medication and will go back to the doctor in two weeks to see if there has been any improvement.

Kavu turned 11 last February. He is recovering in San Antonio and doing well. We love you Kavu!


4 comments:

Hélène said...

Hi Kay-Lynn! Martin and I will keep Kavu in our prayers! He is such a good and sweet dog!!! I hope he's ok and does'nt suffer. It makes me sad to think we will go through smtg. like that someday with our furry friends...

Kiera said...

Sweet pictures. Is that MA in that picture with you?? I can't tell at all! In the second one I can a little bit, but man she changed a lot! I mean, I know they do, but goodness. So cute! We will be thinking about your dog. Hope he's ok and recovers.

G-MA said...

When I read the comments about Kavu I started crying. Because he was such a great part of our lives when you lived in Lubbock and we lived in Midland. We loved him as much as we loved our family dog Tess. We know what you, Steve, Katy and Howard and their girls are going through right now. We will pray for all of them.
Love, Mom and Dad

Landon said...

I just showed Natalie the pictures of Kavu because she wanted to see a bigger dog after looking at the puppy pictures on Steve's blog. I asked her who the baby was in the picture, and she said "Natalie"...I said, no, that is Mary Alice. She looked at me and said, "no, that is Natalie." Oh well, I don't think I am going to win this one.