Sunday, July 27, 2008

Shhhhh.......were getting a puppy!

We have talked about getting a puppy for almost a year now...just waiting for the right time. Steve is building a fence and a good friend from church who has a business training and breading dogs was breading his female German Shorthaired Pointer so we thought the time was right.

But, Shhhhhh..don't tell the kids. We have not told the kids yet because we are not sure which puppy we are getting. The one thing that is for sure is that we are getting a German Shorthaired Pointer. The puppies were born on the 4th of July (see Steve's blog for more info. on the dogs). Today we went to see the puppies who are now 3 weeks old! The kids were so great! Of course Mary Alice was like a mother..singing to them while they laid in her lap. She wanted make sure she got to sing to all 9 of the puppies! Here are some pics...
.

Here is a picture of our favorite two females,
(ps. I hade no idea my husband was including me in these pics...please excuse these pics of me..they are horrible)


and our two favorite males,



Here is our favorite female,



and our favorite male,



Any ideas for a 4th of July name? We are actually considering being a little patriotic (and cheesy) and naming the dog something that repensents the 4th of July. Let me know your ideas and God Bless the USA!

8 comments:

G-MA said...

I love your new format and pics for the blog. The picture of the family is the best one I think yoy'al have every had made. You will have to email your uncle Mike and let him know you liked the picture that he took.
You are a beautiful family on the inside as well as the inside. Of course I am prejudice.
Love, Mom and Dad

G-MA said...

Well I just noticed I spelled a couple of words wrong in the pre comment. I guess you know which ones they are: yoy'al should be you'all and the second inside should be outside. I need to wake up.

Kiera said...

How fun! They are going to be super excited. What a fun surprise for the kids! Patriot, Liberty, or Bell (for liberty bell)? Those are the ones that popped into my head. :) Hope you're having a great day!!

Vickie said...

YEAH you are back!!! I am glad, I was worried for a while. The picture of the family is beautiful.. you guys look great! I like Liberty too or sparkle and you can call her "sparky"! How fun! Vickie

Krista said...

I love your new blog header; what a great picture of you guys!! What beach were you at? BTW, what cute puppies, coming from a non-animal person . . . We were laughing when we saw your parents a while back about all the Tess /Krista stories (which our boys loved, btw)! That dog was so hyper! Glad to see all your updates!

fitzgeraldfive said...

hello from an old friend its Melissa Hawkins(now Fitzgerald) I am so thrilled to see how your doing. You have a beautiful family, glad to hear all is well.

mandy said...

Love the new pics & look! And what exciting news about the puppy! Better tell Steve to get that fence going! I vote for Bell based on Kiera's ideas. I'll keep thinking....

Vickie said...

Do you have a new puppy yet?! I hope you took pictures of the kids faces when you told them!!!