Thursday, September 4, 2008

Back to School...Take 2

It was back to school for Charlie on Tuesday! And let me tell you boy was he ready! The past week was so hard for him...every morning MA would get up and go off to school and every morning he would ask me if it was his turn...and each day that I said "no" he would clinch his fists and say "AHHHHHHH"...

So Tuesday morning Charlie was ready to go! Here is a picture of him with his dinosaur backpack. Charlie is a boy who knows what he wants. He makes fast decisions and sticks to them. He told me weeks before school started that he wanted a dinosaur backpack. You can image my relief when I walked into Baby Gap and saw this dinosaur backpack. Of course it cost more then i would normally spend...but hey your only 3 once right?
Charlie has Mrs. Bullins this year. She is our favorite preschool teacher! Mary Alice loved her...and still does! Mary Alice's love for our planet is in part due to Mrs. Bullins. Mary Alice has been telling Charlie just how much she loves Mrs. Bullins and how much he will too. He went right in and sat in her lap for a pic....
Here is a picture of Charlie checking out the caterpillars. They are eating Milkweed and will soon be in their chrysalis. And before long they will be beautiful Monarch Butterfly's. The kids will watch this hole process take place. Mary Alice still remembers when the Monarch Butterflies broke out of their chrysalis and flew away.
Charlie..you are such a big boy! I love you so much and I know you are going to have a SUPER year!

5 comments:

Krista said...

Love his little backpack . . . so cute; love that Baby Gap! =) BTW, what a great game to be going to next month! =) Is Tech still ranked at #12? Wow! Happy belated birthday to Steve!

Mamma said...

Yea, Charlie! How fun to go to school and have such a loving teacher that makes learning fun. You look so handsome and smart with your backpack. Have a terrific year!

Vickie said...

I hope Wyatt has a teacher like that! Charlie is so handsome and getting so big. Happy late Birthday Steve... and I hope we see you in Lubbock.

G-MA said...

Charlie,
We are so excited for you that you have started to school. And it sounds like, from Mary Alice, that Mrs. Bullins is a great and fun teacher. You will have to thank God for Mrs. Bullins in your prayers tonight. You look so precious, handsome and growing up to fast. Love that dinosaur bag pack. Tell Mary Alice we love her too.
Love, G-MA and G-Dad

Krista said...

Kay-Lynn ~

I seemed to have misplaced your mom's email address . . . so will you please tell her 'thank you' for her very sweet comment? It was SO good to hear from her on my blog! We love and miss both of your parents . . . good times, for sure! Btw, I have been going through some 'old' things lately, trying to get rid of a few unnecessary items around here . . . and I found a lot of 'old' pics, some really hilarious ones . . . and our hair!? I mean, really . . . what were we thinking? =) If you are interested, I'll try to email you several pics soon! (You should join facebook . . . then you could pick the ones you want copies of for yourself . . . I just joined a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving reconnecting wih so many old friends . . . you would love it!) Okay, later girl!

Krista =)