Saturday, September 27, 2008

Happy Birthday Charlie!

Charlie turned 3 last Saturday and we had one of our best parties yet! Charlie had a cowboy party. The cowboy party consisted of horse rides ( I was not allowed to call them pony rides...charlie would say.."It's not a pony, Mommy. It's a horse!"), face painting, tattoos, s'mores, a pinata and tractor rides!

The party took place in our backyard. My great friend from work, Becky, brought over Dakota one of her horses. He was sooooo great with the kids. Each kid got a few rides and even got to feed him peppermints and carrots.

Our driveway had a table for face painting and western tattoos...the kids loved them both. Steve was the hit of the party! He started out doing s'mores out of our chiminea and then gave tractor rides at the end of the party.

The weather was awesome and the kids had a great time! I cannot believe Charlie is three. He is no longer my baby, and I must admit I am sad about that. My babies are all grown up!

Here are some pics from the day!


Here are the kids petting Dakota


Mary Alice was totally into wearing all the cowboy garb I had bought (hats, bandanna's, badge's etc).

Charlie wanted NO part of ANY of it......he would not even wear his brand spankin' new cowboy boots from G-Ma and G-Dad...instead he wore his crocs....



Once again Mary Alice was all into the picture...Charlie...well he won't even look at the camera..



Oh wait..Charlie is looking at the camera! He is so happy!

Charlie just loved looking at Dakota.
Here's the family with Dakota.
Oh my sweet baby boy....
Oh.....the tractor rides....
what fun the kids had.....
How will I top this next year?????
Check out these links...pictures from Charlie's B-day last year!

4 comments:

Mamma said...

Oh, thank you. I have anxiously been waiting for the pictures and story of Charlie's BD. What happy faces! I always love pictures of Charlie and Mary Alice, but I'm so glad that you had someone take a family shot too. I appreciate all of your effort and planning. I know it was a fun day not only for Charlie, but for everyone. Many hugs and kisses, Mamma

G-MA said...

What a great party! Enjoy Kay-Lynn and Steve because the years will seem to go by faster now that Mary Alice has started school and Charlie is now three years old. We love those grandkids. Wish we could of been there to share in the fun. But we are looking forward to coming to NC one week from tomorrow. Mary Alice and Charlie you need to be thinking of want you want to do while we are there. How about going to the park and going horseback riding?
Love, G-MA and G-Dad

Krista said...

What a GREAT birthday party! =) Looks like fun! Hats off to you Kay-Lynn & Steve . . . you great party planners! =) I got SO burned out on birthday parties after several fun, big ones for the boys; poor Briley . . . hopefully, I will get motivated and do at least one good one for her! =)

Vickie said...

Happy Birthday Charlie! I love your party ideas, you are always so creative and the kids are all smiles. He grew up so fast and he is getting so handsome... thanks for the pictures and I love MA party attitude!! She is always about having fun... like someone else I know!