Thursday, August 27, 2009

Back to School

We have had a BIG first week of school. Mary Alice and Charlie both started school at the Downtown Elementary. Mary Alice is in first grade and Charlie is in their preschool program. They are both going the full day (8:30-3:30).

After the first day of school on Tuesday I picked up the kids and asked them "Well how was your first day of school Mary Alice?" And in her most animated expression she answered " It was WONDERFUL". I then asked Charlie the same question, and with a grumpy face he said "actually NOT".
Those answers pretty much sum up how each of my children feel about school. Mary Alice loves school and Charlie would rather just stay home!
Charlie with one of his teachers Mrs. Geyer

Mary Alice with her teacher Mrs. Best

As soon and I dropped of the kids I drove up to Mt. Airy to pick up our new puppy....because I have NO idea what I would do with all my "free" time while the kids are in school I decided to get a puppy.....

Let me introduce...........Dubus Duce Hirst

It is really hard to photograph a puppy......




Dubus is a Boston Terrier (he does not have the normal markings). He has really been a delight! I am wondering when the "honeymoon" is going to be over. He is very loving and OBEDIENT!

The kids were so surprised when they got home...they are in LOVE!

And just when you think the week can't get any better Uncle Landon called and was in Charlotte for business and came to spend Wednesday night with us.....



Mary Alice and Charlie were soooooo excited...

We love and miss you Uncle Landon!

Hope everyone is having a great week....I still have plans to post pictures from Camp...so check back soon...

4 comments:

Landon said...

I think this is the first time I have made your blog! Had a great time in NC.

G-MA said...

Your dad said he liked Charlie's answer because he never liked school until he went to college.
The dog is so cute can't wait to see him when I visit in a few weeks. Sounds like the kids have had a good first week especially Mary Alice. Looking forward to you posting the pictures from Houston and the camp pictures.
Love, G-Dad and G-MA

mandy said...

Hey KL. I guess I'm best off catching up with your life by the blog these days... Man it's hard for us to talk, huh? Just wanted to comment & say, "I love your hair". Your bangs look great...may have inspired me!

mandy said...

Just me...again...requesting a new blog post please...